Monday, 29 March 2021 11:41

Abdul-Fattah Khalil Al-Sisi: Egypt has resumed operation of the world's transport artery

President of Egypt Abdul-Fattah Khalil Al-Sisi said that the Suez canal, previously blocked by a huge container ship, was successfully unblocked. His press service announced about the completion of the operation, Reuters reports.

"The Egyptians have handled the situation, and now the whole world can feel secure about its goods running via this transport artery," the President declared.

The news broke out earlier on March 29 that the ship was successfully removed from the shoal. There are more than 450 vessels standing in the queue to cross the channel.

The giant ship Ever Given, which is under the long-term management of Taiwan's Evergreen Group, ran aground on March 23 in the southern part of the Suez Canal which has no alternates. It was going from China to Rotterdam (the Netherlands). Previously, it was reported that the container ship accidentally deviated from the course due to strong winds. The Russian expert Alexey Bezborodov said that the reason for the incident was an oversight of the canal administration: there should have been no shoals near its shores.

It should be noted that the Japanese government plans to send a team of specialists to Egypt to work in the area of the Suez Canal which was blocked due to the incident with the Ever Given container ship. This was said by Secretary General of the Cabinet of Ministers Katsunobu Kato on Monday’s press conference held in Tokyo.

"We are coordinating with the relevant agencies to send civilian specialists," he said. Kato did not specify the size of the team, as well as the date of its departure to the accident site.

Read 693 times Last modified on Monday, 29 March 2021 11:48
anniversary
OLDNEW
НОВОСТИ